To make a lasting and positive impact in the lives of our clients in such an excellent way that our
clients want to return over their journey of ...Life.
Counseling4Life and its employees, subsidiaries, and controlled affiliates abide by a “culture” that
is a collection of policies, values, employee expectations, standards of behavior, values, and
relationships that we believe is essential and fundamental to a successful operation.
We are committed to excellence, expertise, and empathy in our methods of treatment delivery and service.
Our organization is led by competent clinicians who lead with a personal attentiveness and innovation that promises organizational growth, professional development, highly competitive compensation, and a systemic support for one another.
Our Core Values
ETHICAL & ACCOUNTABLE (always acting truthfully, lawfully, responsibly, and with integrity)
Do the next “right” thing
EXCELLENT & INITIATING (always being proud of what you do and striving for better)
Do the next “exceptional” thing
COMPASSIONATE & ENTHUSIASTIC (always showing initiative in making our workplace a positive place to be)
Do the next “nice” thing
COLLABORATIVE & COMMITTED (always working as a team with dedication in a mission
Do the next “we” thing
PROFESSIONAL & PERSONALLY GROWING (always showing up prepared and able to practice
what you preach)
Do the next “congruent” thing
Our Ten Core Competencies
Competencies that contribute to our Workplace Dynamics and Organizational Performance:
● Teamwork - Courteously helps and supports others, communicates openly and honestly,
collaborates well with others, shares helpful information, and passes on knowledge and skills.
● Service - Enthusiastically meets the needs and expectations of our clients and prospective
● Conscientiousness - Efficiently uses work time and resources to complete tasks and
achieves goals within timeframes and actively complies with organizational policies and
● Acceptance - the ability to “meet people where they are at” and relate to one another in a
courteous, open, nonjudgmental, warmth, empathic, and compassionate way.
● Initiative - the ability to do what needs to be done without direction and quickly think
outside the box in response to the needs of the organization.
● Personal Development - continues to pursue the knowledge and skills to enhance their
● Problem-Solving Skills - the ability to see and help others see problems as solvable
without blaming others and by taking personal responsibility for the solution.
● Flexibility - a readiness to adapt to new, different, or changing situations, client needs, or
expectations often present in a dynamic organization.
● Self-Awareness - the ability to look within yourself honestly and identify your own unmet
psychological needs and desires, and “issues,” that may cause you to negatively affect or
conflict with those around you.
● Advancing - Enthusiastically encourages an appreciation of the counseling process and a
trust in our organization.
Any reproduction of this handbook in any form, in part or entirety, or by any means without the prior written permission of Counseling4Life.